Laminated glass is composed of two or more sheets of glass and spacers, generally of polyvinyl butyrate or PVB type. The interlay technique, which holds glass fragments in place, is also referred to as “safety glass”. These glasses from 6mm to 75mm and more allow you to create glass surfaces with a unique design.
The composition of laminated glass allows several design and architectural usages. Its high resistance to breakage and its high level of safety make this glass an ideal choice for all windows from floor to ceiling.
Laminated glass blocks more than 99% of UV rays eliminating the discoloration of various interior finishes and coatings. The sound and the noises are also reduced considerably.
Laminated glass has a multitude of uses, including:
- Areas requiring a minimum of security
- Office spaces
- Excellent choice for noisy places
The advantages of laminated glass – VMIK
- Blocks more than 99% of UV rays
- Provides protection to various interior finishes
- Significantly reduces sounds and noises
- Allows a better resistance to shocks
- Gives a safe glass that, even broken, does not burst
- Provides fall protection
- Provides explosion protection, forced entries and bullet proof